Tuesday, August 9, 2011


    Ten Commitments For Parents
    Just something to share with my parents!
  1. I will always love and respect my child for who he is and not who I want him to be.

  2. I will give my child space - to grow, to dream, to succeed and even sometimes to fail.

  3. I will create a loving home environment and show my child that she is loved, whenever and however I can.

  4. I will, when discipline is necessary, let my child know that I disapprove of what he does, not who he is.

  5. I will set limits for my child and help her find security in the knowledge of what is expected of her.

  6. I will make time for my child and cherish our moments together, realizing how important - and fleeting - they are.

  7. I will not burden my child with emotions and problems he is not equipped to deal with, remembering that I am the parent and he is the child.

  8. I will encourage my child to experience the world and all its possibilities, guiding her in its ways and taking pains to leave her careful but not fearful.

  9. I will take care of myself physically and emotionally, so that I can be there for my child when he needs me.

  10. I will try to be the kind of person I want my child to grow up to be - loving, fair-minded, moral, giving and hopeful.

No comments: